Sunday, July 27, 2014

Red Ed's plan to devalue Parliament and bypass the Opposition

The authoritarian instinct of Red Ed Miliband were on show today - when he laid an elephant trap for UK democracy with his proposal to allow the public to question the PM.

Such theatre would compete with PMQs, and help bypass MPs and especially the official opposition.

After all it was Tony Blair who abolished twice weekly PMQs - Miliband is just working out how to rig the system to his advantage ( maybe a ban on bacon sandwiches will be next ).

1 comment:

The Shaved Ape said...

I haven't stopped by in a long time. I'm glad to see you're still keeping the faith, so to speak. I'll make an effort to read your blog more often. Myself, in California, I've almost completely stopped talking politics. I'm so disgusted with the current administration and our two-party system in general, I've almost lost faith. Again, I'm glad to see you're still going.