I see that many other bloggers are doing their predictions for next year. I thought I'd add a few, of the high impact, but expected low probability type for next year.
- The Liberal Democrats will split back into a Liberal half ( southern England) and a social democrat half ( with New Labour defectors ).
- A key US politician will be found to have been working in the interests of a foreign and antagonistic power/movement.
- The BBC will be split up and disbanded ( ok this is wishful thinking on my part ).
- The European Union will replace a national government as the legal authority in at least one member state.
- China will start export restrictions on key technology and materials to the west until Taiwan is "returned".
- A major issue relating to the solar system / local galaxy will turn out to have been the driver behind governments interests in global warming. This secret will have been known about and suspected for 10 years, but have been confirmed by recent re-tasking of the two extra-solar system voyager and the Cassini space mission at Saturn.
- Tony Blair will have major heart surgery in the US, but have to stay there after a European arrest warrant is issued for war crimes.