Friday, December 28, 2007

I am legend - but then so is your mother in law !

I've just been dragged out to the cinema by a friend who is suffering from near nervous collapse induced by the visit of his mother in law over the Christmas period. We went to see Will Smith in "I am legend", ok and a visit to the pub - why don't the bouncers want to check my ID anymore ?

I'm not going to spoil the plot for you ( if you want that then a brief google search will no doubt solve that issue ). What I will say is three things about the film.

1) Its very popular - Woking was sold out. My mate had to use his blackberry to book us into the late night showing at Guildford. ( Note: Online bookings at Odeon Guildford allow you to pick up the tickets from a machine - a good move ).
2) Its a great roller coaster ride. I thought the guy next to me was going to have to hide behind his seat at one point. My wife would have absolutely hated it. Personally its was a great ride - the type that has you tensioned up ready to take the next shock, but when you don't know where its coming from. I saw people jump back in their seats involuntarily.
3) The shots of a deserted New York were fantastic.

So if you need to get out - I'd recommend it. Take your mother in law - if your still on speaking terms ....... I now have to pay for my freedom with a trip to see Bee Movie with the kids.

3 comments:

anthonynorth said...

I was enjoying Christmas until I heard those dreaded words:
Mother in law

Curly said...

Great start, plenty action in the middle, but they forgot how to make a good ending!

Man in a Shed said...

Curly - yes couldn't agree more. But its hard to go into details without giving the plot away. I get the feeling the producer had to cut back at the end.

Still it was a good cardiac work out anyway !